Welcome to the List of Newfoundland Tennis Courts
The goal of this website is to provide tennis enthusiasts with a list of courts available across the province. You can use the links above to jump to a city or to a tennis club, or you can use the navigation below to start searching right away.
Last 30 Updates
- (May 25, 2015) - Updated Court: Grand Falls-Windsor Tennis Courts
- (May 25, 2015) - Updated Court: Gander Tennis Courts
- (May 25, 2015) - Updated Court: Wishing Well Courts
- (May 25, 2015) - Updated Court: St. David's Tennis Complex
- (March 13, 2014) - Reset all courts to not verified for the 2014 season.
- (March 13, 2014) - Added Bayberry Place Courts in Southlands, St. John's. Found the court while I was cruising Google Maps one day.
- (July 21, 2013) - Set Easton Place Courts as not setup as I drove by today, and they are still not up.
- (July 21, 2013) - After a reader report, set Patici Park Tennis Courts court to not set up as they have been turned into a parking lot.
- (July 21, 2013) - Fixed two bugs in the site that would show incorrect values for unknown attributes on the city maps page, and also fixed the display of empty note boxes for courts that did not have a note.
- (June 24, 2013) - I drove by these courts in CBS today and it appears they have been converted into a skateboard park.
- (June 22, 2013) - Warbury street courts are set up.
- (June 17, 2013) - Fixed coordinates for Edwards Place courts.
- (June 16, 2013) - One of two courts set up on Edwards Place.
- (June 16, 2013) - One of two nets at the Admiralty Wood Courts are set up. Talon Place court is set up. Set Back Line courts to not set up after driving by and looking at the state of the court.
- (June 16, 2013) - Updated the website to include new map markers to indicate the status of the court. Also added more information to the display when a marker is clicked. Changes to the mobile website as well.
- (June 15, 2013) - Lombardy Place courts are confirmed setup.
- (June 7, 2013) - Courts on Laughlin Crescent and 1 of 4 courts at Kelly Brook Park are set up.
- (June 6, 2013) - Sterling Crescent courts confirmed setup.
- (June 5, 2013) - Riverdale courts are set up.
- (June 3, 2013) - Fixed a bug in the court listing page, and uploaded a new mobile version of the site. You can try it by clicking here, or using the link in the footer.
- (June 1, 2013) - St. David's courts are set up.
- (June 1, 2013) - Goulds court has been setup.
- (May 25, 2013) - Set Bowring Park courts as setup. 4 of 5 nets are up.
- (May 19, 2013) - Added a better search engine to the index page of the site.
- (May 19, 2013) - Applied an updated theme to the website.
- (May 9, 2013) - Gander courts setup.
Definitions (Click to Expand)
- No Lights - No lights available for night play.
- Lights - Lights are available for night play. May be free or there may be a cost associated with their use
- Lights Unknown - I haven't actually been there, and have no reports from people, so I don't know if lights exist there or not.
A practice wall allows you to play solo when no other player is available. This may or may not be part of a normal court, and may or may not have lines painted. Check the description field for more information.
- No Practice Wall - No practice wall is available.
- Practice Wall - A practice wall is available.
- Don't Know - I haven't actually been there, and have no reports from people, so I don't know if a practice wall exist there or not.
A court may have a cost associated with its use. This could be a drop in fee, or a membership fee. Many clubs offer both free access and a membership (like in Gander). Others offer drop-in options, while others are public courts and require no payment. Many clubs allow free access to the courts before or after regular programming for the summer. This is usually May, part of June, mid to late September and October (if they still have the nets up).
Setup or Court Verification
This is one of the trickiest items for me to keep track of. This field will tell you if I know or if it has been reported to me that a court is set up. This means that access is allowed (no locked gates) and there is a net in place. Most courts are going to say unknown for most of the season. However, if I do see a court set up in my travels, I'll update it on the website. If it is July or later, and I see a court not setup, I will mark as 'Not Setup'.
Of course, since I can't be everywhere, if it is July, and the court says Unknown, it is probably safe to head down there.
Map Icon Colours
- Courts with a green icon are confirmed set up for this season.
- Courts with a yellow icon have not yet been confirmed set up for this season, but if it is July, they are probably setup.
- Courts with a red icon are confirmed not set up for this season.